Bedminster Down is a suburb of Bristol. Much of the area was built in the 1930s. It extends from Bedminster to Ashton, Bishopworth, Highridge and Uplands, and is a largely residential area. Much of the area is built over disused coal mines.
The Parish Church, built in 1927, is dedicated to St Oswald. The Methodist church in the area shut down on Sunday 31 August 2008 The Methodist church consisted of two buildings, the main chapel and a church hall. The main chapel is currently in use as a community arts centre. The church hall is again running Sunday morning services under the name Bedminster Down Church, which is a satellite church from Headley Park Church. This means that while Sunday services are held there all other church business is conducted by Headley Park Church.
Information from Wikipedia
Member No: R070