Leigh Woodsis a residential suburb ofBristol, England, although just outside the city boundary inNorth Somerset.
The suburb is located to the south ofLeigh Woods National Nature Reserve. It is situated at the western end of theClifton Suspension Bridge, which opened in 1864, making the development of Leigh Woods as an upmarket residential area practicable. Houses in varying styles were built from the mid-1860s until theFirst World War. Styles adopted includedItalian, neo-Jacobean,Scottish baronial, Swiss chalet, Domestic Revival andArts and Crafts.
The suburb is in thecivil parishofLong Ashton, but in theecclesiastical parishofAbbots Leighwith Leigh Woods. The church of St Mary the Virgin was designed by the architect John Medland and built in 1891.
Information from Wikipedia
Member No: R070