Montpelieris an area of NorthBristol. It is bounded by the Cheltenham Road to the west, St Paul's to the south, St Werburgh's to the east and St Andrew's to the north.
It has its ownrailway station, and a reputation for beingbohemianand 'alternative'. Picton Street is a haven for lovers of organic andvegetariancuisine. Picton Street was built and named in honour ofSir Thomas Pictonwho, as Captain Picton, in 1783 endeared himself to Bristolians by bravely facing the rebellious 75th Battalion on College Green and averting a military mutiny.
There is also a double-bayed villa in the street named after him, Picton Lodge.
Information from Wikipedia
Member No: R070